Thursday, December 28, 2006

St. Mary's in Tiffin

A regular reader of this blog, who I know only as khammer, sent some links about St. Mary's. They just celebrated their 175th anniversary. I borrowed the photograph from an internet gallery by Christopher Harben. You'll find it HERE . It's well worth a visit. This is a truly magnificent building. The murals, stained glass, and plaster ( or terra cotta? ) decoration are exceptional. There seems to be an altar missing, but the crucifix is a good one and the tabernacle's in the right place. If you look at the stained glass in the gallery of photographs, you'll find it's rather unusual. I can't seem to put a date on it. If anyone knows, please leave a comment. The parish website is HERE

1 comment:

Christopher L. Harben said...

I am flattered by your inclusion of my pics on your blog. As far as I know, my gallery is still up. Feel free to visit!