Tuesday, January 2, 2007

A New Design Done Well

All Saints Parish, in Rossford, is interesting. Have a look at THIS. The design won an award from the American Institute if Architects and I can see why. It looks like a church. In fact, it reminds me of the "brick Gothic" of the Baltic region. That massive gable really strikes the eye and announces that this is the House of God, not a banquet hall or meeting room. That's what post-modern church architecture aims for and this one hits right on target. HERE'S the stained glass wall of the Eucharistic Chapel. Remarkable. The parish has something to crow about. I wish they'd shown more on their WEBSITE. I had to stumble on the other sites by accident. I could say the interior is a bit lifeless, but it's new and empty. Hopefully, that will change with time. Overall, good job.

2 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Attractive, but not exactly my taste.

I wish Fr. Wight much success with the parish!

Jeffrey Smith said...

Nor mine, but I'm more than ready to encourage anything that looks like a church, after the garbage of the last few decades.