Monday, January 1, 2007

St. Wendelin, Fostoria

I got an e-mail from Kevin Hammer, pointing out that the domes on top of the towers at the old St. Wendelin had been re-used on the new church, as can be seen in the small photograph on their website. This is one of those situations where I don't quite know what to think. On the one hand, the new church in this parish is very well-designed and the use of the tower caps is clever. On the other hand, I'd have to see a very convincing reason for tearing down the likes of this.

4 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Having never been there, I thought that the picture was of the new church :-)

Jeffrey Smith said...

If they call it a "worship area" they have problems.

Hail3N1 said...

St. Wendelin's Church in the 50's, before the wreckovation took place, eas a very nice, God inspiring Church, as it should be. My brother was an altar server there back then, and rest his soul, if he saw this new church, I can just imagine what he'd have to say about it.

Jeffrey Smith said...

If he actually saw it, as I have since this post was made, and if he were qualified to judge such matters ( A rare thing among the anti-wreckovation idiots ) he'd say it's very beautiful.