Thursday, March 27, 2008

The other Sorrowful Mother Shrine

This is the shrine here in Norwalk. It was built by St. Paul's in the 30's i believe. Where it stands now was where the former St. Peter's church used to stand.

I was able to gain access to it today, amazingly. The place is always locked, except for summer masses on Wednesday nights. You'd think that a shrine like this would be open at least during the day, or on the weekends.




The "Fishers" mentioned in this tablet are the Fishers who were part of the Fisher Body Company. Hence, where the dough came from to build the place.

4 comments:

Pro Ecclesia said...

Very nice, Alex. I've wondered what the place looked like on the inside. I'm going to have to attend Mass there at least once this summer.

irene said...

Thank you, Alex -- not only for the photos, but especially for the story behind the shrine. I had no idea.

Alex Fries said...

not a problem!

Jeffrey Smith said...

Alex is as nosy as I am. It's never a problem.