Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rosary Cathedral

I went to Mass there last evening. Unfortunately, that time of day has the worst possible lighting for photography. The back's too bright and the front's in full shadow. Had a nice talk with Fr. Singler and Deacon Carone, though. Warned them that I'll be kibbitzing with their tour guides and taking pictures for the next decade. Now that I'm feeling a bit less like I've been run over by a freight train, I'll pick a nice morning to take the tripod and fill a memory card with details of the exterior sculpture.
One day last week, I was waiting for a bus at Delaware and Collingwood at noon. Good timing. I hadn't realized there are bells in these turrets.
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but I understand a book on the cathedral's artwork is being prepared.

No comments: